wish,want,wear

9.11.15

Autumn in Paris

So, for my birthday present this year I was lucky enough to be surprised by my boyfriend who took me to PARIS!  This was way better than I had ever expected for a 20th birthday present! I could not believe it as I had always wanted to travel by Euro Star and Paris was the one place where I had been longing to go to since watching Mary Kate and Ashley’s Passport to Paris.

As we set off from King Cross I could not contain my excitement.  I got on board, Wasabi Sushi in hand, and took to our seats in which there was a French Mother and Son sitting opposite us, which got me even more excited than I already was, I do not know how that was possible. 

Overall we went for 2 nights, 3 days.  On the first night my boyfriend had booked us into this amazing restaurant called Matignon (http://matignon-paris.com/).  The atmosphere was amazing and as it was the 31st of October they were celebrating Halloween.  For starter I went for the ‘Calamari like Spaghetti’ and my boyfriend went for the Chicken Spring Rolls.  By the time the mains arrived, I was in heaven.  The Burger and the Steak both looked unbelievable, and to top it off, a side of typical French fries.  I have to say my experience at this restaurant was amazing and I would definitely recommend it to those who are travelling to Paris and want to experience real Parisian dining.  For those who want to stay up till the early hours to watch the sun rise, there is even a club in the downstairs of the restaurant! It felt like a real Sex and The City ‘An American Girl in Paris’ moment (although I’m British of course). 



I haven’t even got started on the Hotel yet! He chose this amazing boutique like hotel just off of Champs-Élysées which was just spotless and to top it off, a great location, seeing as Champs-Élysées is where all the main shops are, from Louis Vuitton to The Kooples, they’ve got it all. The Hotel was called Hotel Cristal, Champs-Élysées.  We decided not to eat breakfast at the hotel as it was 18 and all I really wanted was a typical croissant to get me into the Parisian mood. 











Obviously we couldn’t come to Paris without taking a look at the Eiffel Tower which was an amazing sight to see. The only thing I would say is to be careful of pick-pockets around that area.  We started walking in a direction off of the Arch de triumph roundabout (which is at the top of the Champs-Élysées Boulevard) and wanted to see whether we could find our own way to the tower, and with much luck, we did it! I had the most amazing time and would definitely recommend Paris to those couples who are looking for a bit of a romantic getaway.  Oh, and you cannot forget to visit the Food Shops such as The Lindt Store and Laudree, they topped the whole trip off for me as I am a great Chocolate and Macaroon lover.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment